The New Tutorial and Necklace
my web site and Etsy shop.
This tutorial shows how to make a faux porcelain heart-shaped pendant with tiny sculpted orchids, how to make matching necklace ends, and how to put it all together.
There are more than 40 step-by-step pictures and 12 pages of very detailed instructions. I also included links to a few free on-line tutorials to further explain some steps described in the tutorial.
The tutorial covers the following topics:
- shaping the heart pendant base (both before and after baking),
- adding texture to it (with a simple tool made out of common household item),
- highlighting the texture,
- free-hand sculpting of tiny leaves and flowers,
- using mica powders and glaze,
- embedding beads (fresh-water pearls) into polymer clay,
- creating custom necklace ends,
- making simple beaded pendant bail,
- beading a multi-string necklace,
- adding the necklace ends.
As always in my tutorials, the project is intended to demonstrate the techniques, which can be used for creating your own designs.
The finished necklace is available in my shop at 1000markets.com.