Monday, March 29, 2010

New Polymer Clay Book
Polymer Artists Showcase


I've got an e-mail from Tejae Floyde this weekend with an announcement that her self-published book, Polymer Artists Showcase, is finished and available for purchase.

I am very happy to see a few pictures of my works included in such a great collection.

Tejae did an amazing job. She contacted many artists, whose works she likes, and asked to submit pictures of their best works. Originally, the project was intended as a black and white calendar, with one polymer clay creation per day for inspiration. Over time, it morphed into something totally different – a beautiful book with colorful pictures.

This is what Tejae says about it: ”I had a vision of a beautiful book filled with inspiring polymer photo's... It's a wonderful keepsake, studio book and resource for connecting with other polymer artists.  I do hope you love it as much as I do. It's a fun, full color 10"x8" photo book, 40 pages. I'm extremely proud of it. It took a long time to put together but I learned a lot and appreciate your patience.”

Tejae published this book through blurb.com – a site that allows to make bookstore-quality books with the help of their software and publishing resources. The book may be purchased here: http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1248012

I also want to tell that Tejae put a lot of work into this project, yet she marked up the book only a few bucks above the publishing price ($25 to buy the finished book versus $20 for publishing). The participating artists do not receive any financial rewards from this project.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails