Sunday, October 04, 2009

Exhibition at Baltimore Clayworks

Adornments Adorned, an exhibition focusing on jewelry made with ceramic, polymer clay, or PMC elements, opened yesterday at Baltimore Clayworks.


Here some pictures I took at the exhibition.

The variety of jewelry was great. There were about 30 artists invited to participate (refer to the exhibition web page for the complete list of participants). A few rooms and hallways were filled with jewelry.






I was happy to see many interested visitors.




Surprisingly, there were quite a few gentlemen, who seemed as interested in all this jewelry as the ladies.



Some artists also made it to the opening night. I met glorious Gloria Askin, who presented her new black and white pieces along with her easily-recognizable colorful collection.


All displays were put together by the staff of Baltimore Clayworks, who, I am sure, put a great amount of work into the organization of this event.

Most works by the same artist were presented together. Some were on stands or wall hooks like mine here:

I especially liked this creative presentation of Kate Clawson's (Organic Odyssey) leaf-imprinted pieces.





A few displays were formed with ropes and clothes pins, and I personally was not too impressed by this idea.


I hope the beautiful jewelry pieces on these displays stole all visitor's attention.







Some pieces by the same artist were scattered throughout the exhibition, presented on smaller displays here and there.


The exhibition will continue until November 6, and I hope there will be as many visitors every day as I saw at the opening reception. All works presented at the exhibition are for sale, so I would advise all interested people to get there sooner rather than later.




Here is the address:

Baltimore Clayworks, 5707 Smith Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21209

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails