Thursday, October 01, 2009

Coming Soon
A New Tutorial
Polymer Clay Pendants with Leaf Imprints and Silver Frames



I am working on a new tutorial, which is going to be rather unusual in its format.

One part will explain how to make polymer clay pendants with positive and negative leaf impressions. This is not a new technique, and many people are probably already familiar with it, that is why I decided to separate it from the rest of the tutorial. I want to give people an option of buying the tutorial with and without this part. This part of the tutorial will stand on its own and explain how to make a finished pendant, although without a frame (in case somebody is interested in this technique only).

The second part, however, is rather innovative, because it will explain how to use readily available commercial supplies to make your own flat and custom-shaped frames for polymer clay pendants. I am including instructions for making at least three different shapes of frames, although the possibilities are really endless. I will show how to make smooth and two types of textured frames, as well as how to create a patina finish on these frames. This part will NOT explain how to attach the fames to the pendants - only how to make the frames.  All these techniques can be applied to frame any kind of flat polymer clay pendants (with any design), that is why this second part will also be self-sufficient and may be purchased separately from the first one.

I will also have a more detailed tutorial, with a complete set of instructions for making the pendants shown above.

I am planning to finish the tutorial within about a week. Once finished, it will be available through my web site and my Etsy shop.

Edited on 10/09/09: The main tutorial and its versions will be available today. I decided that the polymer-clay only version (with the explanations of the leaf-impressions techniques) will not be as desirable as an abbreviated version that would explain how to make the frames and how to attach them to the polymer clay pendants. I am in the process of listing all three versions (one full and two shorter ones) on my web site and in my Etsy shop.

The pre-order option is now removed. If you would like to take advantage of this option in the future, please sign up for my newsletter (see the form on the right side of this blog).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails