Saturday, January 26, 2008

New Idea!

Funny how an artist's mind works... This morning I woke up, remembered yesterday's burned pendants and decided to see if at least the wire work could be saved. So when my kids got up, they found me digging through the trash. This is not the point, though. The point is that when I removed the wire from my pendants and saw the imprints it left on their surfaces, I immediately thought of filling those imprints with some contrasting clay (not on these pendants, however; I will have to re-create those imprints, with adjusted baking temperature). Now, this is an interesting idea! I am not sure how new it is – I have definitely seen back-filled designs, and may be even some created with wire, not sure. But not in combination with the resin! I cannot wait to try this idea and see how it will turn out. Too bad I did not have time for it today...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails