Saturday, January 26, 2008

Burned!

Tonight I am crying.

I was in a hurry to bake some pendants, and I burned them all. Yeh, I know, it happens to the best of us and we all have to make a sacrifice to our polymer clay gods every so often, but I feel so bad! Why did not I burn some experimental pendants I have been playing with recently? No, it had to be the faux cloisonne ones, including the ones with faces, which take forever to make. There were hours of work in that tray!

I could not force myself to throw this stuff away, even though it is good for nothing now – my husband had to do it for me. He also helped me to set up the oven in our spare bathroom now. I had been baking outside (polymer clay smells a little during baking, especially Kato – the brand I prefer). I hope the oven did not work properly simply because it was too cold outside and not because something happened to it permanently.

Well, lesson learned: use the oven thermometer EVERY TIME.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails