Friday, February 13, 2009

Family Heirloom, Preserved
I am ready to share pictures of my recent work, just in time for Valentine's Day. I made this set of earrings and a pendant for my neighbor. She had an old watch, a family heirloom, which did not work anymore. I took it apart and made it into this pendant. I was even able to preserve the back of the old watch (with initials P.P.) by attaching it to the back of the pendant. The pendant is made from brown polymer clay. One side of it has the watch parts and the other is decorated with crackled gold metal leaf. The pendant is covered with clear resin to create a smooth, glass-like surface. The matching earrings are adorned with fresh-water pearls. polymer clay steampunk pendant polymer clay steampunk pendant polymer clay steampunk pendant

5 comments:

Seedplanter said...

Eugena, I am speechless. Speechless!
This pendant from the vintage watch is something I would have done, but I am just learning the ropes of working with polymer clay. Your blog has inspired me in so many ways. I am adding it to my Bloglines feed.

What a precious gift this pendant is. I gasped when I saw it!

Eugena said...

Thank you and good luck with your polymer clay projects!

Jenny said...

This is a nice twist on steampunk... much more elegant! Did you use a 2 part resin, or a UV curing type? And if you don't mind my asking, did you use a mold? Thanks for the inspiration and eye candy! -Jenny at www.CraftTestDummies.com

Eugena said...

Jenny, I used a two-part resin, but a UV-type resin would work here as well. No mold, just layers of resin.

Anonymous said...

I am so loving your work !!!!!! Have you thought about getting a book published? I'd pre-order one right now :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails