Thursday, September 06, 2012

Student's Work Faux Cloisonne

"I purchased your tutorial and wanted to tell you how much fun I have had doing this technique. I absolutely love it.....I have attached a picture of one of my creations using this technique for you to see some of my work. Thank you so much, I am always looking for new things to try and this one is great!!!"


I received this lovely e-mail from Deb a couple of days ago. The e-mail was accompanied by a picture of Deb's faux cloisonne pendant. Isn't it beautiful?!


I was very excited. I love receiving feedback from the people who use my polymer clay tutorials, and seeing their works is the best part. It is always interesting to see where the other people are taking this technique.


Deb's design is amazing. Creating faces in faux cloisonne technique is a challenge, because the tiniest shift in any of the lines can easily turn a beautiful face into an ugly one or completely change the facial expression.


We exchanged a few e-mails since the first one, and I learned that Deb already made a few pieces in faux cloisonne technique. She has a website (a very new one, and a work-in-progress, she says), where more of her works could be seen.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails